Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Heading West!

Well friends, it's been a very fun week so far! The Grand Canyon, I have to say, was GRAND. No one can prepare you for that first glimpse...it is, indeed, incredible. I am so glad we made this journey!

Everyone says we vacation a lot, and it's true. If you know how we love to travel - very CHEAP - you know that's why it's possible to take a lot of trips. But this trip was special, even more than some others we've taken. We came to Arizona to take my dad to the Grand Canyon. Sure, we want to see it too, but my dad REALLY has been wanting to come here.

I'm always optimistic, and it's something I never dare say out loud....but my parents are getting older. My dad is turning 72, and with his breathing the way it is, I can't help but wonder how many more trips like this he will be able to take. I hope for many, many more, but I'm also realistic. I wanted so much to bring him here, and his face was worth the trip. My girls may not remember it, but I WILL! I know it means so much to him, and that makes me so happy!

Here are some pics we took on the big day...I have so many to post, but these will get you started. It was so incredible!
Me & Gonzalo at the south rim

Me, Gonzalo, & the girls

Wow is all I can say!


I love this pic!



Mom & Dad



So beautiful!








Tomorrow we're heading to the Navajo Nation. My dad's other passion is Native Americans. We are of Cherokee descent, so he loves learning about Native American tribes. This will be another fun day!

I'm so thankful to God that I still have my parents around to enjoy them...and this beautiful Earth He created. Good night, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment